|Image||Name||Shape||Size||Price||Qty||Add To Cart|
Black Velvet® Watercolor, Inks, Dyes & Gouache | Short Handle
The Black Velvet® Dagger Striper 3012S is a multi-use brush. Artists prefer to use this dagger striper for brushwork involving swirls or lettering. The short handle allows you to comfortably grip it while creating your tabletop painting.
Black Velvet® watercolor brushes are handmade by expert artisans who undergo extensive training before they are skilled enough to produce the kind of quality that has become synonymous with Silver Brush Limited. Black Velvet® fine artist brushes feature a unique blend of natural squirrel hair and durable synthetics. The natural hair gives Black Velvet® a full belly that holds a maximum amount of color so you don’t have to reload the brush as often, while the synthetics provide a slight snap that ensures your brush will always come to an extremely fine point. Black Velvet® is soft enough to allow multiple-layer glazing, yet firm enough to lift color with a gentle scrub. Can be used in watercolor, gouache, inks, and dyes.
- Designed for use in watercolor, gouache, inks and dyes
- Made with a blend of squirrel hair and synthetic filament. Natural hair makes Black Velvet extremely absorbent and soft while the synthetic filament offers durability and the ability to maintain a fine point or chiseled edge. A watercolor artists’ dream!
- Perfectly balanced wood handle rests comfortably in your hand
- Nickel-plated brass ferrule with triple crimped epoxy barrier to prevent water from damaging the brush
Specific Way to Clean the Brush:
- Be sure to clean your Black Velvet brush after each painting session. Letting paint dry in the brush can cause it to not perform as expected.
- Rinsing the head of the brush with warm water should be enough to remove most watercolor paints, gouache, inks or dyes but an artist-grade brush cleaner can be used to make sure all traces of pigment have been cleaned off.
- NEVER leave your brush resting in water! This can cause the handle to crack.
- Always lay your brush flat to dry.