|Image||Name||Shape||Size||Price||Qty||Add To Cart|
Silver Brush Ltd “Foundation Brush Sets” contain the standard brushes that artists will need for any painting class – from the first stroke to the final varnish. The contents of our Foundation Sets were carefully selected so that any artist from beginner to advanced will have dependable, high-quality, long lasting brushes. Each set was specifically designed for a preferred medium, including watercolor, acrylic and oil. Choose from a range thoughtfully curated sets for adding detail, background painting, varnishing projects and more
Bristlon® is a superior stiff white synthetic brush that has been specially processed so it can be used with harsh solvents without compromising the texture or the fibers. These brushes offer excellent color control and strong resiliency on rough surfaces as a result of their interlocked construction and finely chiseled tips. It doesn’t matter if you are working with oils, acrylics, or watercolors, they will maintain their form and provide a smooth application of color.
BR-1940 Bristlon® long handle set features one of each of the following brushes:
- 1900 Size 6 Round
- 1901 Size 6 Flat
- 1902 Size 6 Bright
- 1903 Size 6 Filbert
Bristlon® series brushes are handmade by expert artisans who undergo extensive training before they are skilled enough to produce the kind of quality that has become synonymous with Silver Brush Limited. Bristlon® fine artist brushes feature multi-diameter synthetic filaments that carry heavy bodied paints effortlessly across your painting surface. This series is stiff, durable and snappy with fine points and chiseled edges for crisp, clean strokes. that are rugged enough to withstand rough treatment on textured surfaces. These brushes imitate natural hog bristle, so expect textured strokes and excellent paint carrying capacity.
- Designed for use in acrylic or oil* paints
- If you use Bristlon® in oil paint DO NOT CLEAN WITH HARSH CHEMICALS OR TURPENTINE. Clean the brushes with an artist-grade odorless solvent.
- Our stiffest synthetic brush series
- Snappy and durable with fine points and chiseled edges for crisp strokes
- Rugged enough to withstand use on coarse surfaces
- Leaves a lightly textured mark, similar to that of natural hog bristle
- Perfectly balanced wood handle rests comfortably in your hand
- Nickel-plated brass ferrule with triple crimped epoxy barrier to prevent water from damaging the brush
Specific Way to Clean the Brush:
- Be sure to clean your Bristlon® brush after each painting session. Letting paint dry in the brush can cause it to not perform as expected.
- If you are painting with acrylics, wipe as much paint off of the brush head as you can before massaging the paint out in warm running water. Always lay your brushes flat to dry. Leaving them upright can cause water and/or excess paint to seep into the metal ferrule and it will eventually ruin the brush.
- If you are painting with oils, wipe as much paint off of the brush head as you can before cleaning it with an artist-grade odorless solvent. Always lay your brushes flat to dry. Leaving them upright can cause water and/or excess paint to seep into the metal ferrule and it will eventually ruin the brush.