Brush Care Tips
Quality brushes are an investment in yourself and your art. We want you to have the knowledge and tools necessary to ensure the longevity of your brushes and give you the absolute best painting experience with every stroke.
Specific Ways to Clean Your Brushes:
1. Be sure to clean your Silver Brush brushes after each painting session. Letting paint dry in the brush can cause it to not perform as expected.
2. Never leave your brush sitting in water for any length of time.
3. If you are painting with acrylics, wipe as much paint off of the brush head as you can before massaging the paint out in warm running water.
4. If you are painting with oils, wipe as much paint off of the brush head as you can before cleaning it with an artist-grade odorless solvent. (DO NOT CLEAN WITH HARSH CHEMICALS OR TURPENTINE. Clean the brushes with an artist-grade odorless solvent.)
5. If you are painting with watercolor or gouache, rinse the head of the brush with warm water until the water runs clear.
6. Always lay your brushes flat to dry. Leaving them upright can cause water and/or excess paint to seep into the metal ferrule and it will eventually ruin the brush.