|Image||Name||Shape||Size||Price||Qty||Add To Cart|
GP-1050 Grand Prix® 5 piece brush features one of each of the following brushes:
- 1000 size 4 Round
- 1001 size 4 Flat
- 1002 size 4 Bright
- 1003 size 4 Filbert-traditional
- 1027 size 4 Extra long filbert
Grand Prix® brushes are handmade by expert artisans who undergo extensive training before they are skilled enough to produce the kind of quality that has become synonymous with Silver Brush Limited. Grand Prix® fine art brushes feature pure white natural Chungking hog bristles that are naturally cupped and have highly prized natural flags (AKA: split ends) that help capture and carry color across your canvas. You can expect fine points, chiseled edges and a snap that just won’t quit. Perfectly balanced matte green handles reduce glare when painting en plein air while an attractive copper-plated brass ferrule protects the brush from corrosion. Grand Prix® is the choice brush of modern masters who use them to paint official presidential portraits, religious figures, celebrities and titans of industry.
- Designed for use in oil paints
- Made with high-quality hog bristle that is medium firm and snappy
- Cupped, interlocked hairs bring your brush back to its fine point or chiseled edge after each stroke
- Highly prized natural split ends (called “flags”) help the bristles capture and carry more color than a brush that does not have flags
- Leaves a textured mark
- Matte handle to reduce glare when painting outside
- Corrosion resistant copper-plated brass ferrule that is either double crimped and has an epoxy barrier
1000 Grand Prix® Round Grand Prix® round brushes are capable of a variety of marks. With the proper amount of pressure, you can achieve fine lines, broad strokes or precise detail.
1001 Grand Prix® Flat Grand Prix® flats hold a large amount of paint and allow for looser stroke control because of the long length of the filaments. Use these brushes for broad strokes, blocking in color, landscapes, and backgrounds or turn it on its edge for finer lines.
1002 Grand Prix® Bright Bright brushes are known for their tight stroke control and sharp edges. Grand Prix® brights are perfect for blocking in color, cityscapes, abstracts, landscapes, floral shapes, and so much more. Turn it on its side or use its chiseled tip for fine lines.
1003 Grand Prix® Filbert Grand Prix® filbert brushes have been the preferred choice of portrait artists and botanical painters for decades because of their superior performance. The oval shaped head is ideal for the soft natural curves of the human form or flower petals and leaves.
1027 Grand Prix® Extra Long Filbert Extra Long Filberts are approximately 40% longer that a traditional filbert. They have been adored by portrait artists and botanical artists alike for decades because of the soft, natural shapes they can create. Grand Prix® long filbert holds a maximum amount of color so you don’t have to reload as often. In addition, they allow for loose sweeping strokes with rounded edges.
1034 Grand Prix® Long Filbert Long Filberts are approximately 20% longer than a traditional filbert. They have been adored by portrait artists and botanical artists alike for decades because of the soft, natural shapes they can create. Grand Prix® long filbert holds a maximum amount of color so you don’t have to reload as often. In addition, they allow for loose sweeping strokes with rounded edges.
Specific Way to Clean the Brush:
- Be sure to clean your Grand Prix® brush after each painting session. Letting paint dry in the brush can cause it to not perform as expected.
- Never leave your brushes sitting in water for any length of time as this can eventually break down the epoxy barrier in the ferrule.
- Wipe as much paint off of the brush head as you can before cleaning with an artist-grade mineral spirit or odorless solvent.
- Lay flat to dry.