|Image||Name||Shape||Size||Price||Qty||Add To Cart|
Silver Silk 88® is one of the only brushes on the market that was specifically designed to capture and carry low viscosity paints like liquid, fluid or interference acrylic; soft bodied acrylic, watercolor, and gouache. High-quality multi-diameter Japanese synthetic filaments imitate the absorbency, spring and feel of expensive natural hairs at a fraction of the cost.
- Affordable Luxury in an Artist’ Brush
- Out works, out performs and out lasts all others
- The most responsive brush for Fluid Acrylics,
- Interference acrylics, and all acrylics, watercolors, gouache & more
Silver Silk 88® has great absorbency, color control, wear resistant. It resists puddling and drips. Carries color reliably from palette to painting surface. Exceptional for wet on wet technique. A go-to workhorse of a brush. Make your mark with Silver Silk 88®.
The following comments are from artists we sample with the Silver Silk 88™ series. Each one has favorites, and all love the performance of this series in Fluid Acrylics.
Silver Silk 88® allows for a seamless application of color and a delicately textured stroke. Artists say these brushes are a joy to use because they glide so effortlessly across the painting surface.
- Oil painters adore Silver Silk 88® because they can gently soften and blend colors
- Expect a fine point, chiseled edges and unmatched durability.
- Handmade by expert artisans.
- Triple epoxy sealed nickel-plated brass ferrule ensures the longevity of your brush
Specific Way to Clean the Brush:
- Be sure to clean your brushes after each painting session. Letting paint dry in the brush can cause it to not perform as expected.
- Rinsing the head of the brush with warm water should be enough to remove most watercolor paints, gouache, inks or dyes but an artist-grade brush cleaner can be used to make sure all traces of pigment have been cleaned off.
- NEVER leave your brush resting in water! This can cause the handle to crack.
- Always lay your brush flat to dry.