|Image||Name||Shape||Size||Price||Qty||Add To Cart|
ST-1150 Silverstone® 5 pc Alla Prima Foundation Set Long Handle features one of each of the following:
- 1100 size 4 Silverstone® Round
- 1101 size 4 Silverstone® Flat
- 1102 size 4 Silverstone® Bright
- 1103 size 4 Silverstone® Filbert
- 1104 size 4 Silverstone® Fan
Silverstone® brushes are of the finest quality interlocking Chungking white hog bristle. They have perfectly balanced and shaped handles for ultimate comfort and control while a nickeled brass ferrule protects the brush from damage, splitting and wear. Perfect for Plein Air painters!
Our Silverstone® brushes are a favorite among plein air oil painters. They have perfectly balanced and shaped handles for ultimate comfort and control, and the tips feature plenty of spring. Silverstone® is made from professional-grade paintbrushes are expertly crafted from the finest-quality, interlocking, Chungking white hog bristle. They feature a nickel-plated brass ferrule that protects each brush from damage.
Silverstone® is made with the finest Chunking hog bristle natural hair. Best use is in oil color, but will also perform in acrylic color. The natural bristles allow the tips to retain lots of color, keeping you from having to reload often.
Silver Brush Limited is the premier supplier of fine painting supplies in the United States. We have created a remarkable collection of high-quality artist brushes. We believe that high-quality brushes lead to higher-quality art.
- Designed for use in oil paints
- Made with high-quality hog bristle that is medium firm and snappy
- Cupped, interlocked hairs bring your brush back to its fine point or chiseled edge after each stroke
- Highly prized natural split ends (called “flags”) help the bristles capture and carry more color than a brush that does not have flags
- Leaves a textured mark
- Matte handle to reduce glare when painting outside
- Corrosion resistant nickel plated brass ferrule that is double crimped and with multiple epoxy barriers in the ferrule. This stops moisture and fluid from dripping on the handle.
Specific Way to Clean the Brush:
- Wipe as much paint off of the brush head as you can before cleaning with an artist-grade mineral spirit or odorless solvent.
- Lay flat to dry.
- Be sure to clean your Silverstone® brush after each painting session. Letting paint dry in the brush can cause it to not perform as expected.
- Never leave your brushes sitting in water for any length of time as this can eventually break down the epoxy barrier in the ferrule leading to cracked handles.